On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Hans-Rudolf Hotz <h...@fmi.ch> wrote:
> Hi Sarah
>
> you need to install the rpy module:
>
> http://rpy.sourceforge.net/rpy.html
>

> As a warning: we have been struggling to get rpy to work with newer versions
> of R. In or experience in only works with R version 2.9 and older. Thanks to
> a recent effort of our sysadmin, we can now use it with 2.15 - which is
> good, but not great, as our default version of R is now 3.0

According to the rpy list, using the latest code from SVN
you should be able to get rpy v1 to work under R 3.0.1,
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30999482

> Although we haven't started to us it, I recommend using rpy2:
>
> http://rpy.sourceforge.net/rpy2.html

Indeed - rpy v1 is still being maintained in SVN, but
hasn't had an official release with these fixed for
over two years.

> Most tools have been refactored by John Chilton
>
> see: http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/rpy2-Core-Tools-td4659832.html

We're not making heavy use of rpy in Galaxy yet, but I
hope John's good work switching to rpy2 gets integrated
soon.