If you don't have pull request 122 in your code base, you will want to add it:

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/122/add-optional-upload-attribute-to-tool/diff

Then, all you need to do is add the attribute '
workflow_compatible="false" ' to your top level tool XML element in
multi_upload.xml.

See most updated version as demonstration:
https://bitbucket.org/msiappdev/galaxy-extras/src/904fcbe55c7cd16a80f310bfd5c18c8d1d43cc04/tools/data_source/multi_upload.xml?at=stable

-John