Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm working on an existing project where my predecessors have added a tool that
enables a user to add REST and SOAP Web services as usable tools within Galaxy
by providing their WSDL or WADL URLs. It makes sense that the tools that are
added should show up in both the "Analyze" page and the Workflow editor, but
the actual tool for adding Web services is not intended to be used in workflows.

I understand that this tool should probably (more appropriately) be located on
the "Admin" page, but in the short run, I'd like to hide this tool from showing
up in the list of tools available in the Workflow editor (admittedly, this is
the opposite of my original question).
In the long run, is there an API for adding plugins (or similar) to the admin
page? I ask because this particular tool is not designed to be used in a
workflow, but rather, it is designed to add tools to Galaxy itself.

Perhaps there is a way to work this into the Toolshed stuff you guys are
working on?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Michael E. Cotterell

Ph.D. Student in Computer Science, University of Georgia
Instructor of Record, Graduate RA & TA, University of Georgia
mepcotter...@gmail.com (mailto:mepcotter...@gmail.com)
mepc...@uga.edu (mailto:mepc...@uga.edu)
m...@cs.uga.edu (mailto:m...@cs.uga.edu)
http://michaelcotterell.com/