> I want to select a date from a calender in my tool, but I think that it's not
> possible in the xml.

Correct, date inputs are not currently implemented in Galaxy parameters.

> Is this possible? With javascript? Or what?

It's possible if you want to extend Galaxy a bit. I suggest (a) adding a
DateParameter to Galaxy (probably extending TextToolParameter; see
lib/galaxy/tools/parameters/basic.py) and then use the jQueryUI's date picker:

http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/

Good luck,
J.