(Apologies is anyone who go this twice, the Galaxy mailing list
has been offline.)

Hello all,

As many of you know I wrote the original BLAST+ wrappers for
Galaxy, which are now on the Tool Shed here:

* http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/ncbi_blast_plus
* http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/blast_datatypes

Over the years other people have started to make contributions
(e.g. Edward Kirton worked on BLAST databases as a datatype),
and this is starting to become a team effort. I'd like that to continue.

I've already been in contact with by email with those interested
people I knew about to setup a developers meeting during
GCC2013, but realise it might be nice to have this formally
listed as a BoF - and to make sure we have an allocated time
slot as there seems to be a lot going on at the Oslo meeting:

http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Events/GCC2013/BoF/GalaxyBlast

Not everyone will be at the conference, but don't worry - like
most open source projects most of this will be done online.

People using BLAST+ within Galaxy could come along too and
tell us about what they think we should prioritise, but I am
mainly hoping to get together with people who have or will
be actively involved in the wrapper development and testing.

Thanks all,

Peter

P.S. I will only have intermittent email access from now until
the GCC2013 meeting.