The web process is definitely the bottleneck right now, creating more
should improve things.  I'd guess it wouldn't speed up any individual
submission, but it'd allow you to submit several at once.  Lastly, this is
a known issue that we're hoping to resolve with a rewrite of the workflow
dispatching mechanism.

-Dannon