Elwood,

It's not clear what steps you're having problems with, so it's difficult to
offer help. Here's the outline that I use to RNA-seq running with Galaxy:

*download Samtools, Bowtie2, Tophat2, and the Cufflinks tool suite and add them
to my galaxy user's path;
*download the iGenomes data package for your genomes:

http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/igenomes.html

*configure Galaxy to point to particular data files in iGenomes—specifically,
add entries to bowtie2_indices.loc and sam_fa_indices.loc

This page will help with this last step:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/NGS%20Local%20Setup

Let us know if you run into problems.

Best,
J.