Hi Saket,

First of all thanks a lot for your really quick reply. To sum it up: you were right.

After ensuring the SSH out (works) your comments led me to the idea to test the 'hg clone' command with a user account, which is neither root nor galaxy. These two are local users, while my personal account is from a LDAP server. Your hint to include username and password into the http:proxy variable was the key: only LDAP users seem to be allowed to pass the proxy or better: if those users are already logged in, username and password are already implicitly deposited.

Thus, the cloning process as the LDAP user (did not want to store the foreign username/password explicitly in the galaxy user files) worked, although I get this message:
"*** failed to import extension hgext.imerge: no module named imerge"
(once at the process' beginning and once at the end)

Anyway, this seems to be more a warning than an error. I found possibility to silence it, but would like to understand what the missing may cause.

Any clue, anyone?

Saket Choudhary schrieb:
You might want to ssh out and check if that is allowed. If you can ssh out, you should be able to clone from bitbucket ssh too [ Though you might not be able to push, depending on whether or not you own the repository]