On Jun 18, 2013, at 8:02 AM, galaxy-dev-requ...@lists.bx.psu.edu wrote:
> I have Galaxy running on a small Mac workstation. I have made a specific
> user, 'galaxy', for it. It is cleaner, but probably overkill for 1 person.
>
> Note also that you can install a daemon to start Galaxy automatically
> when your computer starts:
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/src/d2d4b6ac2139f1623301990462a5e63b2952dcc1/contrib?at=default
>
> I don't think I have ever waited long enough to see the end of the unit
> tests. If some fail without any obvious reason (missing dependencies or
> what not), you should probably raise this issue on the Galaxy mailing
> list or bug tracker.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Florent

Thanks for the startup tip Florent. That would be useful for those using Galaxy
daily. So you think that running the install as the current non-root but ADMIN
user works OK? What about the install folder? Must it be the home folder or is
a subfolder OK as I have it (/Users/pst/Applications/)? My test output
"run_functional_tests.html" is 5.1MB. I suppose that is too much to post on the
list. I think that most of the errors are not due to dependencies. How do I get
help with that?

Paul