Hi,

I was thinking how to tackle the build failures like the atlas library
on OS-X or the ones from xlib and ease the writing of the shell_command
a little bit.

Dave B did some fancy shell scripting in 'package_emboss_5_0_0' and I
was also sometimes forced to use some bash tricks.

What about to make that more easy and powerful, and as a plus more
consistent with the tool-command tag, and use cheetah for that kind of
work.

Something like that could work easily:

#if ${os.environ}.getVar('X11_LIB_DIR', None):
        ./configure ... --x-includes=....
#else:
        ./configure
#end if

Also we could define some reserved variables like $__is64__ and cheetah
evaluate that. $INSTALL_DIR and $REPOSITORY_DIR can also be a cheetah
variable and we do not need to replace it later manually.

What do you think any comments?
If no one has any objections I can try to implement an <action
type="cheetah_command">.

Thanks,
Björn