Hi Dan,
That's old code. Updating will probably help.
Logging level just takes disk space, but just in case you haven't followed
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/ProductionServer?action=show&redirect=Admin%2FConfig%2FPerformance
leaving
debug = True uncommented used to fill all available server process RAM
eventually AFAIK.
If not already done, try
# Debug enables access to various config options useful for development and
# debugging: use_lint, use_profile, use_printdebug and use_interactive.  It
# also causes the files used by PBS/SGE (submission script, output, and
error)
# to remain on disk after the job is complete.  Debug mode is disabled if
# commented, but is uncommented by default in the sample config.
# debug = True

Hope this helps?