Lee;

> Hi, I would like to autofill "cycles" for next-gen sequencing.  Most of our
> submitters probably don't even know what that means actually and so we want
> to simplify it.  Same goes with paired end reads.  How would I fill out the
> nglims yaml file so that they could skip over that section?  Or maybe just
> hit "next" an extra time?  Anything to simplify it.  Thank you (and
> especially Brad)!

It should be doing exactly what you describe for cycles and method. It
will pre-fill the pull down box with the first option when specified as
a list of choices:

https://bitbucket.org/chapmanb/galaxy-central/src/395ade9a9bda518c63daa0208b476c5093ea3454/tool-data/nglims.yaml?at=default#cl-137

If you add `freetext: true` like:

https://bitbucket.org/chapmanb/galaxy-central/src/395ade9a9bda518c63daa0208b476c5093ea3454/tool-data/nglims.yaml?at=default#cl-69

it will no longer do this since you can also type in other options.

It sounds like what you need for this case is to restrict the options
and default to the most common case you want to support. In this case
the researcher doesn't have to change anything and is checking that the
default options match their expectations before hitting next.

Hope this helps,
Brad