> bedtools genomecov -bg -split -i stdin -g
> /usr/local/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tool-data/shared/ucsc/chrom/hg19.len
>
> However this crashes.  After looking in my computer, I find that bedtools do
> not contain the file genomecov.  Is this an erroneous assumption of mine or
> have I installed something wrong?

genomecov is not a file, it is a parameter that indicates what operation to
run. My guess is that you may have an old version of BEDtools installed; in
this case, you'll need to update BEDtools. At minimum, BEDtools versions 2.15+
will work fine with Trackster/Galaxy.

You can type this into your terminal to see the BEDtools version:

bedtools --version

Good luck,
J.