Is this a migrated cluster or a brand new one? I'm guessing you're using
the new AMI?
The migration process supposed to have updated those env.sh paths.

More to the point, is your tophat job failing due to bowtie not being
found? Try adding the path to bowtie executables to tophat's env.sh file as
well and see if that fixes the issue.