Hi Greg,
Sorry for replying really late.

So, I'm guessing this was an old cluster that was shared and is now being
derived on a new cluster? There was a large number of paths we explored
while getting ready for the upgrade and I was of the opinion we covered
that path but it seems things are not working as expected.
Can look at the more detailed log on the Admin page (under CloudMan log)
and see if there are more details about what's going on and why it's
failing?