To follow-up on my original query, after turning on full web server logging,
one strange thing I see in the web server access log is that the actual request
is a bit different from the link URL. Here is the link URL:

https://<galaxy-fqdn>/galaxy/library_admin/browse_libraries?sort=name&f-description=All&f-name=All&f-deleted=False&operation=browse&id=7e3ef68f693c8dd0<https://galaxy.emory.edu/galaxy/library_admin/browse_libraries?sort=name&f-description=All&f-name=All&f-deleted=False&operation=browse&id=7e3ef68f693c8dd0>

And here is the get request that shows up in the web server log:

GET
/galaxy/library_admin/browse_libraries?async=false&sort=name&page=1&show_item_checkboxes=false&operation=browse&id=7e3ef68f693c8dd0&f-deleted=False&f-name=All&f-description=All
 HTTP/1.1 - HTTP/1.1 302 Found

The 302 is a temporary redirect, but why? I don't think I am doing any
redirects in the web server, other than http to https and I even disabled this
to no effect. The other question in my mind is why the logged URL is different
from the actual link URL. Is this a web server thing? If so I will crawl back
into my holeā€¦.

prohibited.