On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Michael E. Cotterell
<mepcotter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TL;DR I have a tool that generates other tools. Where should those tools
> go, and how should I add them (without modifying Galaxy code)?
>
> I apologize, in advance, for the wall of text. I would like some advice on
> what the best way to go about setting up a tool that generates other
> tools...
>
> As some of you (especially those who saw my boss's talk at GCC) already
> know, I'm working on a tool that lets galaxy users add web service
> operations as tools to Galaxy. We have a general purpose client for invoking
> web services, and we have a tool that let's a user enter a WSDL/WADL URL,
> select the operations they want to add, and generates tool config XML files
> for Galaxy.

For those not at GCC2013, this was the talk presented by Jessica C. Kissinger,
"Extension of Galaxy to Utilize Web Services and A Semantic Suggestion Engine"

Abstract:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Events/GCC2013/Abstracts#Events.2FGCC2013.2FAbstracts.2FTalks.Extension_of_Galaxy_to_Utilize_Web_Services_and_A_Semantic_Suggestion_Engine

Slides:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Documents/Presentations/GCC2013?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=KissingerWebServices.pdf