Lee;

> Hi, I am using nglims, and I am getting Internal Error pages sometimes.  I
> am not sure if it is because of Galaxy itself or nglims though.

I believe these are all Galaxy-specific things. I haven't changed
anything purposefully in the groups/roles permissions so unless I messed
up a merge during the life of this branch they should be replicable on a
clean galaxy-central. It might be worth checking and submitting as bug
reports if you can verify.

As a help for debugging, you might want to set `debug = True` in your
universe_wsgi.ini while testing.

> The latest
> is when I create a new role and hit submit.  It is repeatable if I fill in
> the name as "test", no description, I add in a single role (others are
> present but excluded from being associated), if I check "create a new
> group..." and then click "save."

I have seen this when there is no description set. Including a
description avoids the problem. I know it's not really a fix but an easy
workaround is almost as good.

> Next, I tried associating data with this new user.  However, her new roles
> (both the new role I created and her username-role) did not show up, and so
> I could not give the data to her.  Is there any reason why a new user's
> roles would not show up?

I don't believe so but am not sure. Does the data already have sharing
roles? If so it often won't let new roles be added since the
roles are additive: so two roles means barely anyone can use
it unless they have both of those role (as opposed to either role).

The best way around this is to create groups, give them roles,
then associate data files with groups. I find this the easier way to
manage permissions.

Hope this helps,
Brad