Hi Ross,

Thanks so much for your help. Actually, I initially all my tools in the
test-data directory as the wiki described, and thought that running
functional tests on tools installed from the tool shed would automatically
look for appropriate files in this directory.

However, after looking a little more into functional_tests.py, it turns out
that ONLY the test-data directories within the installed tool shed tool
repositories themselves (which would be installed locally in the shed_tools
directory) are searched for these testing data sets.

Perhaps this would be helpful information to include at
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/TestingInstalledTools?

Thanks,
Nilesh