Hi Mark

Quick answer:  It could be an issue with your browser. Have you tried looking
at your date with a different web browser and/or on a different machine?

Long answer: Could you please clarify, as I can't really follow your
description of the problem....you say: it is working if you change the data
format manually to 'txt', but it is not working if you specify it as 'txt' in
the tool xml? And when you specify it as 'txt' in the tool xml do you get
"format: txt," in the history display?

Regards, Hans-Rudolf

On Jul 22, 2013, at 3:27 PM,
<mark.r...@syngenta.com<mailto:mark.r...@syngenta.com>>
 wrote:

Hi All

I’m trying to format one of the three outputs of my galaxy tool as plain text.
Thus far no matter how I specify my output format in the tool xml file I have
the same problem.  When I click the eye icon it opens a save dialog rather that
displaying the text output in the central frame.  The preview shows the text
output and if I follow through and save the output and open with wordpad it is
fine.  Also if I edit the attributes of the output and change it to “txt”
(which is one of the formats I had tried specifying in the xml)  it will render
in the central frame but I would rather not have to do that.  Both of my other
outputs (a vcf and a tab-delimited file) are rendered in the central frame
properly.  How do I to fix this?

Thanks

Mark