Hi,

what is the relationship between workers defined in universe and job_conf.xml?
e.g.:

[server:handler0]
use = egg:Paste#http
port = 9092
host = 127.0.0.1
use_threadpool = true
threadpool_workers = 5

<plugins workers="4">
        <!-- "workers" is the number of threads for the runner's work queue.
             The default from <plugins> is used if not defined for a <plugin>.
          -->
        <plugin id="local" type="runner"
load="galaxy.jobs.runners.local:LocalJobRunner"/>
        <plugin id="drmaa" type="runner"
load="galaxy.jobs.runners.drmaa:DRMAAJobRunner" workers="10"/>
</plugins>

a) do I have to specify the sum of the workers in job_conf.xml in universe?
e.g. 4 local, 10 drmaa => 14 threadpool_workers per handler? Or is universe
overridden by job_conf.xml?

b)
How many concurrent jobs can I then expect to have concurrently? 14 per handler?

thank you very much,
ido