Hello Galaxy!

I can actually confirm this issue in my macbook air after fetching a fresh
clone from galaxy-dist (a few minutes ago) and running a:

$ rm -rf eggs/* && ./run.sh
(… many correctly fetched eggs… )
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/fetch_eggs.py", line 37, in <module>
    c.resolve() # Only fetch eggs required by the config
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 345, in
resolve
    egg.resolve()
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 195, in
resolve
    return self.version_conflict( e.args[0], e.args[1] )
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 226, in
version_conflict
    r = pkg_resources.working_set.resolve( ( dist.as_requirement(), ), env,
egg.fetch )
  File
"/Users/roman/.venvburrito/lib/python/distribute-0.6.49-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
 line 596, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: mercurial==2.2.3
Fetch failed.

Immediately after running the command above, re-running ./run.sh gives:

Some eggs are out of date, attempting to fetch...
Warning: MarkupSafe (a dependent egg of Mako) cannot be fetched
Warning: pycrypto (a dependent egg of Fabric) cannot be fetched
Warning: SQLAlchemy (a dependent egg of sqlalchemy-migrate) cannot be fetched
Warning: simplejson (a dependent egg of WebHelpers) cannot be fetched
Fetched http://eggs.galaxyproject.org/ssh/ssh-1.7.14-py2.7.egg
One of Galaxy's managed eggs depends on something which is missing, this is
almost certainly a bug in the egg distribution.
Dependency "ssh" requires "pycrypto>=2.1,!=2.4"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/fetch_eggs.py", line 37, in <module>
    c.resolve() # Only fetch eggs required by the config
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 345, in
resolve
    egg.resolve()
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 168, in
resolve
    dists = pkg_resources.working_set.resolve( (
self.distribution.as_requirement(), ), env, self.fetch )
  File
"/Users/roman/.venvburrito/lib/python/distribute-0.6.49-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
 line 600, in resolve
    raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (ssh 1.7.14
(/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/eggs/ssh-1.7.14-py2.7.egg),
Requirement.parse('pycrypto>=2.1,!=2.4'))
Fetch failed.

So I tried to upgrade virtualenv-burrito, just in case it was a problem with
its pkg_resources being outdated?:

$ virtualenv-burrito update
Everything is up to date.

Then unsetted PYTHONPATH to use MacOSX's python base installation but same
error appeared:

$ unset PYTHONPATH

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/fetch_eggs.py", line 37, in <module>
    c.resolve() # Only fetch eggs required by the config
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 345, in
resolve
    egg.resolve()
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 195, in
resolve
    return self.version_conflict( e.args[0], e.args[1] )
  File "/Users/roman/dev/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 226, in
version_conflict
    r = pkg_resources.working_set.resolve( ( dist.as_requirement(), ), env,
egg.fetch )
  File
"/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/distribute-0.6.28-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py",
 line 588, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: mercurial==2.2.3
Fetch failed.

Apparently the correct eggs are up there in the galaxy egg repo:

http://eggs.galaxyproject.org/mercurial/

I checked pull requests and bug reports first in trello, but there doesn't seem
to be a ticket for this one.

Cheers!
Roman