Hello all:
I am setting up a local instance of galaxy server. I have followed the steps
mentioned in the galaxy wiki regarding the setup. I have setup a proftpd server
with postgresql authentication. But, I am getting 530 login incorrect error
when trying to connect using a FTP client.

I followed the solution of a similar problem given here:
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/ProFTPD-integration-with-Galaxy-td4660295.html
 without any success.
In the last post of the given link Mr. Tobias has posted some thing like this:
"I followed the advice you offered back-channel and backed off the galaxy
changes to support pbkdf2". I am unable to follow this part.

For reference-
My proftpd configuration: http://pastebin.com/LUjAyHvh
proftpd SQL log: http://pastebin.com/2psTtnZv

proftpd -l