Hi Ido Tamir,
I have the same question too. I set "megablast" as "long_jobs" for the
test,when I cancel my megablast job in Galaxy history before it finishs,it
still work in my background.The drmaa_external_killer.py seems doesn't work.I
don't know where is the problem,and hope someone can help me .
a) In my advanced example I have:

        <destination id="long_jobs" runner="pbs" tags="cluster">
            <param
id="Resource_List">walltime=72:00:00,nodes=2:ppn=8,mem=16G</param>
            <param
id="galaxy_external_runjob_script">scripts/drmaa_external_runner.py</param>
            <param
id="galaxy_external_killjob_script">scripts/drmaa_external_killer.py</param>
            <param
id="galaxy_external_chown_script">scripts/external_chown_script.py</param>
        </destination>
    <tools>
        <tool id="ucsc_tablebrowser" destination="regularjobs"/>
        <tool id="megablast_wrapper" destination="long_jobs"/>
    </tools>

b)In my background,I get the "qstat" result :
Job id                    Name             User            Time Use S Queue
46.server                  ...n...@genomics.cn galaxy          00:00:00 R batch

shenwiyn