From: Jorrit Boekel [mailto:jorrit.boe...@scilifelab.se]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:18 PM
To: Khassapov, Alex (CSIRO IM&T, Clayton)
Cc: p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com; jmchil...@gmail.com;
galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu; Szul, Piotr (ICT Centre, Marsfield); Burdett, Neil
(ICT Centre, Herston - RBWH)
Subject: Re: Appending _task_%d suffix to multi files

Hi Alex,

In our lab, files are often fractions of an experiments, but they are named by
their creators in whatever way they like. I put that code in to standardize
fraction naming, in case a tool needs input from two files that originate from
the same fraction (but have been treated in different ways). In those cases, in
my fork, Galaxy always picks the files with the same task_%d numbers.

I can't help you very much right now, as I'm currently away from work until
October, but I hope this explains why its in there.

cheers,
jorrit

On 07/31/2013 04:15 AM, alex.khassa...@csiro.au<mailto:alex.khassa...@csiro.au>