On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Dave Bouvier <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> As of 10290:d34d6d1da813, nsltradamus and effectivet3 should start returning
> valid test results.

Great - so this was a sniffer bug for the twobit format going wrong,
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/d34d6d1da813bfa6e318b0ceb563186e52d94095

> As for seq_rename, it looks like the columns in
> four_human_proteins.rename.tabular are not being detected correctly, even
> though they are tab separated. I'll continue to investigate, and let you
> know what I discover.
>
>    --Dave B.

I was assuming (wrongly perhaps) that if the tool XML for the test
defined an ftype this would be used as the datatype - overriding
any sniffer guess (or even skipping the sniffer tests).

(You can think of this a like testing the process where a user has
uploaded a given file and manually overridden the datatype.)

i.e. It is good that this issue has apparently uncovered some
sniffer bugs, but that doesn't seem to be the root issue.