On Aug 5, 2013, at 12:33 PM, Boaz Shaanan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think I'm running into a problem of getting my local galaxy installation
> server to start because another httpd server is currently running on the same
> computer (see attached output of run.sh). Toward the end I notice that the
> server starts with PID number but then runs into a socket conflict (probably
> with the other server) and stops. Is there a way to get over this problem?
>
>    Thanks for your help.
>
>                      Boaz

Hi Boaz,

If you're starting on a port other than 80 and intend to just access that port
directly or via a proxy server, you can change the port number at the top of
universe_wsgi.ini.  If you're trying to start Galaxy on port 80, you'll have to
decide which application you want to give that privilege to, since it can't be
more than one.  However, a common and recommended solution to this problem is
to run a proxy server on port 80.  Instructions on how to place Galaxy behind a
proxy server are available at:

  http://usegalaxy.org/production

--nate