On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Ganote, Carrie L <cgan...@iu.edu> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> That was it. I feel silly. I still have a lot of tooth-cutting to do on
> python!
>
> I saw the parallel tags in the Blast tool and was very intrigued, but
> couldn't find reference to it in the read-the-docs or on the Galaxy wiki.
> Perhaps there is some documentation of this that I missed?

No I don't think there is documentation unless you count the code base
the mailing list archive. I think setting use_tasked_jobs to True in
universe_wsgi.ini might be all you need to do to start splitting such
blast inputs. I think the parallelism tag in the tool file describes
how to split the inputs.

# This enables splitting of jobs into tasks, if specified by the
particular tool config.
# This is a new feature and not recommended for production servers yet.
#use_tasked_jobs = False

I don't use this functionality (at least not in this fashion) so I
don't have a lot of advice. Otherwise, if you have a AMQP thing
working you should probably just stick with that sounds like a
perfectly good way to go.

-John