On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Jurgens de Bruin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is my first Galaxy installation setup so apologies for stupid questions.
> I am setting up Galaxy on a Cluster running Torque as the resource manager. I
> am working through the documentation but I am unclear on some things:
>
> Firstly I am unable to find : start_job_runners within the universe_wsgi.ini
> and I dont want to just add this anywhere - any help on this would be create.

Hi Jurgens,

This option was removed from universe_wsgi.ini, the job handler definitions are
done via the job_conf.xml file now.  The following page explains that syntax:

    http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Jobs

However, the scaling page was still for the old style of configuration, so I
have just updated it for the new style:

    http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/Scaling

> Further more this is my job_conf.xml :
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!-- A sample job config that explicitly configures job running the way it is
> configured by default (if there is no explicit config). -->
> <job_conf>
>     <plugins>
>         <plugin id="hpc" type="runner"
> load="galaxy.jobs.runners.drmaa:DRMAAJobRunner" workers="4"/>
>     </plugins>
>     <handlers>
>   <!-- Additional job handlers - the id should match the name of a
>              [server:<id>] in universe_wsgi.ini.
>         <handler id="cn01"/>
>         <handler id="cn02"/>
>     </handlers>
>     <destinations>
>         <destination id="hpc" runner="drmaa"/>
>     </destinations>
> </job_conf>

You'll need to set a default handler.  Try the following config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<job_conf>
    <plugins>
        <plugin id="hpc" type="runner"
load="galaxy.jobs.runners.drmaa:DRMAAJobRunner" workers="4"/>
    </plugins>
    <handlers default="handlers">
        <handler id="cn01" tags="handlers"/>
        <handler id="cn02" tags="handlers"/>
    </handlers>
    <destinations>
        <destination id="hpc" runner="drmaa"/>
    </destinations>
</job_conf>

> Does this look meaning full, further more where to I set the additional
> server:<id>
> in the universe_wsgi.ini.

You can add them anywhere between existing sections, although I'd do it near
the top of the file, above the [app:main] section.  Assuming you leave
[server:main] in, you could add the following definitions just above [app:main]:

[server:cn01]
use = egg:Paste#http
port = 8090
host = 127.0.0.1
use_threadpool = true
threadpool_workers = 5

[server:cn02]
use = egg:Paste#http
port = 8091
host = 127.0.0.1
use_threadpool = true
threadpool_workers = 5

Web requests would still be handled by the server configured with the host:port
in [server:main].

--nate