On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 13:59 +0100, Peter Cock wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Bjoern Gruening
> <bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 12:50 +0100, Peter Cock wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm currently trying out installation of tools from the Tool Shed
> >> on a secondary Galaxy server (not our production server nor
> >> my development setup). This is running galaxy-dist, current
> >> latest stable I believe:
> >>
> >> $ sudo -u galaxy hg heads
> >> changeset:   10201:ebe87051fadf
> >> tag:         tip
> >> parent:      10199:8bf64d933704
> >> user:        Dannon Baker <dannonba...@me.com>
> >> date:        Tue Jul 02 10:48:31 2013 -0400
> >> summary:     Fix two more downgrade invocations to accept the
> >> migrate_engine parameter
> >>
> >> changeset:   10200:fd4113962c32
> >> branch:      stable
> >> parent:      10198:0a06df7da177
> >> user:        Dannon Baker <dannonba...@me.com>
> >> date:        Tue Jul 02 10:48:31 2013 -0400
> >> summary:     Fix two more downgrade invocations to accept the
> >> migrate_engine parameter
> >>
> >> I'm having some problems, e.g.
> >>
> >> Tool shed repository 'package_numpy_1_7' tool dependencies
> >>
> >> Name  Version Type    Status  Error
> >> atlas         3.10.1  package         Error   Error installing tool
> >> dependency atlas
> >> version 3.10.1: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> >> u'/opt/galaxy-dist-shed-tools/atlas/3.10.1/iuc/package_atlas_3_10/597c0e54eded/env.sh'
> >> lapack        3.4.2   package         Error   Error installing tool
> >> dependency lapack
> >> version 3.4.2: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> >> u'/opt/galaxy-dist-shed-tools/lapack/3.4.2/iuc/package_lapack_3_4/98a7d116c15f/env.sh'
> >> numpy         1.7.1   package         Error   Error installing tool
> >> dependency numpy
> >> version 1.7.1: Unsupported action type 'template_command' in tool
> >> dependency definition.
> >>
> >> Is this due to to galaxy-dist being too old for Tool Shed tools
> >> whose XML installation scripts use action template_command?
> >>
> >> e.g. http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/iuc/package_numpy_1_7/c75482be1d3a
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Is there an easy fix where you could upload an older
> version of the installation script before you started
> using the new template_command action?

Sorry, I do not understand the question. To you mean if I could revert
the changes and go back to old bash scripts for the time being?

In theory it should be possible. But the aim of my cheetah template
patch was to make it easier to write such if else conditions. And create
a save fallback to non-atlas users. The next stable release should be
out that week, or?

> >> One way to catch this kind of error would be if the nightly Tool
> >> Shed tests included attempting to install package repositories
> >> (e.g. the new "Tool dependency definition") explicitly.
> >>
> >> (I think I've suggested this before - but it is worth reiterating)
> >
> > Oh that would be so nice! +1 for me.
> > And by the way, notifications about new orphan tool dependencies also do
> > not happen. I think that would be very useful for a few developers that
> > are waiting for numpy, blast+ and so on.
>
> Logged on Trello, please subscribe and vote:
> https://trello.com/c/HVGrShnC/1042-tool-shed-should-test-installation-of-packages

Done!