Hi Ido,

> Hi,
>
> we would like to coordinate with another institution and their galaxy setup
> regarding tools installed from multiple toolsheds (and their position/group
> in the panel) should be similar.
>
> Is there a way to achieve that with scripting?
>
> Suppose I would start the galaxy install from scratch also at our site.
> Could we somehow coordinate our installation?

You can use the Galaxy API. For example
the ./scripts/api/install_tool_shed_repositories.py script.

The grouping of tools can also be done with that script and I would
assume that the ordering is also the same if you install all in the same
oder. If you need to manually tweak the tool positions in the panel you
can edit the integrated_tool_panel.xml. But that file will be
overwritten everytime you install new tools or update anything. So you
need to script it. Afaik the Tool Shed Team is working on a better way
to handle the tool panel.

Cheers,
Bjoern