On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Scott Hazelhurst
<scott.hazelhu...@wits.ac.za> wrote:
> Below that is the output I get in the log. From the torque log it complains
> that there is no default queue specified.

Hi Scott,

Today I was hit by what it seems the same issue. In my case it was an
issue with my torque server. I failed to set a default queue in the
server, which means I would always need to use something like '-q
batch' with 'qsub'. Modifying your 'job_conf.xml' in this way will
probably fix it:
<destinations default="WitsLong">
    <destination id="local" runner="local"/>
    <destination id="WitsLong" runner="pbs">
        <param id="Resource_List">walltime=72:00:00,nodes=1:ppn=8</param>
        <param id="-p">128</param>
        <param id="-q">batch</param>
    </destination>
</destinations>

If you have access to the torque server configuration, this should do
and is probably a better option:
# qmgr -c 'set server default_queue = batch'

Hopefully this can still help you or anybody else running into this
issue and finding this thread.

Best,
Carlos