Hi,

that can be tricky I guess.
What you can always do is to write your own data_source application.
Basically, you write your own small webpage with all the magic you need
and only transfer the data you need. Like the UCSC genome browser.

A really small example can be found here (without SQL):
https://github.com/bgruening/galaxytools/tree/master/chemicaltoolbox/data_source/jmoleditor

Hope that helps,
Bjoern