Sridhar,
The error message you provide suggests that the HTSeq python module is not
available when Galaxy tries to run the tool.
Please confirm that you installed that tool through the admin interface
from the test toolshed and that the admin interface for toolshed installed
tools shows the installed repository in your Galaxy instance has the htseq
dependency successfully installed like the end of the page below :

   - Repository Actions

Installed tool shed repository 'htseq_bams_to_count_matrix'
Tool shed:testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu
Name:htseq_bams_to_count_matrix
Revision:f69b55c71ae5
Owner:fubar
Location:/mnt/galaxy/shed_tools/
testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/fubar/htseq_bams_to_count_matrix/f69b55c71ae5/htseq_bams_to_count_matrix
Deleted:False

Dependencies of this repository

Installed repository dependencies
NameRevisionOwnerInstallation
statuspackage_numpy_1_7<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/manage_repository?id=148934b1ed5706b5>
af9633757cf0blankenbergInstalledpackage_pysam_0_7_5<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/manage_repository?id=96c0d701aac155a0>
a4e35f23093ffubarInstalledpackage_freetype_2_4<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/manage_repository?id=dee0124e4d3ab063>
4e54e357ac25bgrueningInstalledpackage_matplotlib_lite<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/manage_repository?id=c32939704028ccc3>
8df6bbf48c3afubarInstalled

Installed tool dependencies* - click the name to browse the dependency
installation directory*
NameVersionTypeInstallation
statusfreetype<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/browse_tool_dependency?repository_id=94e61e06dbd29e52&id=148934b1ed5706b5>
2.4.11packagematplotliblite<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/browse_tool_dependency?repository_id=94e61e06dbd29e52&id=dee0124e4d3ab063>
1.2.1packagenumpy<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/browse_tool_dependency?repository_id=94e61e06dbd29e52&id=94e61e06dbd29e52>
1.7.1packagepysam<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/browse_tool_dependency?repository_id=94e61e06dbd29e52&id=c32939704028ccc3>
0.7.5packagehtseq<http://115.146.84.239/admin_toolshed/browse_tool_dependency?repository_id=94e61e06dbd29e52&id=96c0d701aac155a0>
0.5.4p3package

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Sridhar Srinivasan <
sridhar2bioi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I installed the toolshed htseq_bams_to_count_matrix repository , i gave
> the gene model gtf file(ex: tss.gtf file) Gene model (GFF) file to count
> reads over from your current history: in this section and all bam files.
>
> it gives error as "
> empty
> format: tabular, database: hg19
>  Traceback (most recent call last): File "/data/galaxy/shed_tools/
> testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/fubar/htseq_bams_to_count_matrix/f69b55c71ae5/htseq_bams_to_count_matrix/htseq_bams_to_count_matrix/htseqsams2mx.py",
> line 45, in <module> import HTSeq.scripts.count as htcount "
>
> Thanks
>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Mahtab Mirmomeni <
> m.mirmom...@student.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> You can use htseq_bams_to_count_matrix repository by fubar in the test
>> toolshed.
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Sridhar Srinivasan <
>> sridhar2bioi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the suggestions. I installed the Toolshed (
>>> Differential_Count (version 0.21) ). It asks for the input matrix - rows
>>> are contigs, columns are counts for each sample.
>>> Any idea on how to generate this matrix file??
>>>
>>> Thanks

Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH;
Head, Medical Bioinformatics, BakerIDI; Tel: +61 385321444
http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=UCUuEM4AAAAJ