On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Jeremy Goecks <jeremy.goe...@emory.edu> wrote:
>> Do you think we could add a new 'rich text' field for a workflow free
>> text help / readme file?
>
> Annotations will support HTML, and it's always been the long-term
> plan that they will include HTML. What's missing is a nice editor for
> creating HTML annotations.

I've taken advantage of this to add a sentence to my workflow annotation
with a URL to the Tool Shed where the user can read the full README
file. This is a reasonable compromise for now - the annotation needs
to be short as it is shown at the top of the page when running a workflow.
See:

http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/secreted_protein_workflow/72f03c2102ee

I presume this HTML field gets sanitised (to avoid security exploits),
so the user text can't do anything too complicated.

Right now actually editing this field is quite painful (and assumes
you know raw HTML in order to do any formatting at all), but it
works :)