Hi,
I have written a patch for this. The pull request is there :
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/206/give-access-to-__user_email__-and
It works fine on my galaxy instance.
Cheers
Anthony

On 21/08/2013 08:51, Hans-Rudolf Hotz wrote:
Hi Anthony

I doubt it will solve your problem, but just as a general hint: you can use the email address for filtering. In our case, the user gets a different list of groups he/she can select from, eg:

<param name="group" type="select" label="Select your group">
    <options from_file="access_to_miseq">
        <column name="email" index="0"/>
        <column name="value" index="1"/>
<filter type="static_value" name="external_source_filter" value="$__user_email__" column="0"/>
    </options>
</param>

and our file '~/tool-data/access_to_miseq' looks like:

1...@fmi.ch    gbioinfo
1...@fmi.ch    gfungen
1...@fmi.ch    gmeier
#    #