> It looks like it's trying to use the public name in the repo path, which
> isn't going to work very well if public names can be changed.
>
> Changing my public name back to what it was before made it start working
> again.

To reply to my own post, I see now that when you create a user, a comment on
that page says: "You cannot change your public name after you have created a
repository in this tool shed."

Does this mean: "If you change your public name after you have created a
repository in this tool shed, those repositories won't work any more" or some
such  ;-).  Or is there actually some code to stop the user changing their
public name in this case, which would imply my toolshed is somehow broken in a
way unique to me?  (I'm currently struggling to push tools into my toolshed
using mercurial command line, through my apache front end, with the various
layers of authentication, without it saying abort: authorization failed.)

cheers,
Simon

sender immediately.