Hi Dave, Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm running a recently checked out stable branch.  hg log shows this tip:
changeset:   10473:c42567f43aa7
tag:         tip
user:        greg
date:        Mon Aug 19 13:19:56 2013 -0400
summary:     Filter invalid objects when generating the list of
repository_dependencies objects that are associated with a tool shed repository
installed into Galaxy.

I wonder if this problem is related to my more fundamental problem of being
unable to get mercurial push authentication working properly.  I care much more
about that, as that's blocking me (whereas the problem I reported has an easy
work-around).  Here is more information about my environment.

I'm using apache for digest authentication, with the htdigest file containing
email addresses for usernames (so it matches what the toolshed wants).  It
passes it through to the toolshed using REMOTE_USER.  (We have something like
this working well for our main Galaxy instance.)  I can access the toolshed
just fine via the web interface, and I can do e.g. hg outgoing on the command
line against a toolshed repo to see what needs pushing.  But when I try hg
push, I get abort: authorization failed.

Looking inside the hgrc file inside my toolshed repo, I see it has allow_push =
simon-guest (i.e. my public name, not my email address).  This isn't going to
match the REMOTE_USER passed in from apache, which is an email address.  So I
think to get this working with my authentication framework, public name has to
match the email address.  (I tried hacking the allow_push in hgrc to be the
email address, but that didn't work.)

Is anyone else using a toolshed behind apache with authentication handled by
apache, like this?  Should I expect hg push to work in this configuration, or
am I outside the bounds of what has been tested so far?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

cheers,
Simon

sender immediately.