Hello,

To use Velvet, a local, cloud, or slipstream Galaxy is needed. Then the tool can be installed from the Tool Shed and used. The screencasts "Introduction to Galaxy ToolShed 1/2/3" walk through the general process when using CloudMan Galaxy:
http://vimeo.com/user20484153

http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Cloud
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/BigPicture/Choices

If you need help with set up, or just have more questions about these options, the list is: "galaxy-...@bx.psu.edu"