Hello Simon,

On Sep 4, 2013, at 5:13 PM, "Guest, Simon" <simon.gu...@agresearch.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi Dave, Greg,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I'm running a recently checked out stable branch.  hg log shows this tip:
> changeset:   10473:c42567f43aa7
> tag:         tip
> user:        greg
> date:        Mon Aug 19 13:19:56 2013 -0400
> summary:     Filter invalid objects when generating the list of
> repository_dependencies objects that are associated with a tool shed
> repository installed into Galaxy.
>
> I wonder if this problem is related to my more fundamental problem of being
> unable to get mercurial push authentication working properly.  I care much
> more about that, as that's blocking me (whereas the problem I reported has an
> easy work-around).

Even though you've found a work-around to the problem that results when you
change your public user name in the tool shed after you have created a
repository that uses it, it is extremely important that we get a fix ffor the
issue committed to the tool shed code.  Can you let us know how you went about
changing your public user name?  The only way we've been able to do it is by
manually updaing the database table record using a sql statement.  If you have
discovered another way to do it, please let us know the steps we can take to
reproduce it so that we can get a fix as soon as possible.  If this is, in
fact, a bug, then it is a very critical one.

Thanks,

Greg Von Kuster