Hi Greg,

I just changed the public name on the web interface, where you click on the
User dropdown, and choose Public Name.  Something about my environment let it
happen, when it apparently should have not been possible.

I suspect the reason lies in some mismatch between my apache user
authentication and toolshed userids.  See my previous email for the details of
what I've been doing with that.  I don't understand the connection between
userids (email addresses) used for authentication, and public names, which
appear to be used by the mercurial server inside the toolshed (by inference
from the public name appearing in the allow_push in the toolshed repo).  Is
there a layer of toolshed middleware that maps between the two?

I am going to investigate other ways of doing the authentication, as I don't
think passing in REMOTE_USER from apache is working (for me).  I would like to
know how others are doing that.

cheers,
Simon

sender immediately.