> Dear all,
> in one of my tools I'm populating a list of possible
> choices from a file in the history using the <options
> from_dataset> tag.
> Now using the tool as part of a workflow, the choices are
> not calculated at the setup stage, but I have to enter
> free-text and Galaxy seems to evaluate whether that's a
> legal choice only when the specific tool starts running
> (way down in my workflow). Is there any workaround for this
> behavior, so that choices are presented before workflow
> execution?

In general, no, the dataset content is not known at workflow runtime so the
options field cannot be populated then. However, in the special case that the
<options_from_dataset> tag is used for a tool that has a direct input dataset
for the workflow, this would be possible (and desirable); for this case, a
Trello card would be useful.

Best,
J.