Dear all,

I have succeffully installed the local instance of Galaxy, that uses the
postgeSQL database, and it worked fine. After several monthes of uses, it
appeared the neccessety to reinstall the whole Galaxy. For this, I have
completely removed the old instance, and hg clone the new one to the same
location. The psql database remains the same. After upgrading the database
schema with the corresponding script, I have faced with inability of
upgrading the counter of history in database. For example, after creating
the new history, the addition of new dataset (by uploading via ftp, from
local comp, from UCSC) result in the error:

NotSupportedError: (NotSupportedError) DECLARE CURSOR ... FOR UPDATE/SHARE
is not supported DETAIL:  Cursors must be READ ONLY.
 'SELECT history.hid_counter \nFROM history \nWHERE history.id = %(id_1)s
FOR UPDATE' {'id_1': 5}

I will be very grateful with any help with this issue.

galaxy=> \du
                               List of roles
 Role name | Superuser | Create role | Create DB | Connections | Member of
-----------+-----------+-------------+-----------+-------------+-----------
 galaxy    | no        | no          | yes       | no limit    |
 hogart    | yes       | yes         | yes       | no limit    |
 postgres  | yes       | yes         | yes       | no limit    |
(3 rows)

galaxy=> \l
        List of databases
   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
-----------+----------+----------
 galaxy    | galaxy   | LATIN9
 hogart    | hogart   | LATIN9
 postgres  | postgres | LATIN9
 template0 | postgres | LATIN9
 template1 | postgres | LATIN9
(5 rows)

galaxy=> select * from history where history.id=5;
 id |        create_time         |        update_time         | user_id |
ame       | hid_counter | deleted | purged | genome_build | importable |
slug |
published | importing
----+----------------------------+----------------------------+---------+-------
  5 | 2013-09-10 21:38:31.888226 | 2013-09-10 21:38:31.888237 |       1 |
Unname
d history |           1 | f       | f      | ?            | f          |

f         | f
(1 row)

psql -v 8.1.22

- sincerely,