On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Joachim Jacob | VIB |
<joachim.ja...@vib.be> wrote:
> It is not necessarily bad. If we all test each others tools (dependencies,
> interface, output,...) we might get to the best of all worlds :-)  (I have
> planned to test Björns wrapper)
>
> One of the points of differentiation is also how 'integrated' a tool needs
> to be: e.g. Ross' tool for diff expression (combining a complete pipelin),
> and my tool just on DE with DESeq2. I like to keep things granular on the
> level of the tools.

That is a good reason for different wrappers, one for the tool itself,
and one for a larger pipeline using the same tool. And both can
declare a binary package dependency via the Tool Shed using
the binary dependency package Bjoern is working on, which I
assume will be released on the Test & Main Tool Shed under
the shared IUC account once ready:

http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/bgruening/package_deseq2_1_0_17

Regards,