On Sep 11, 2013, at 9:16 AM, hogart wrote:

> Hi Nate,
> Yes, db schema is old, but the upgrading (manage_db.sh upgrade) to the
> current version resulted to the error, as mentioned above. I don't remember
> the release number of the previous version of Galaxy, but it was installed in
> the March this year. A didn't restored the dump yet, now I am playinig with
> the newly created database. In my newbie point of view, it seems like, that
> dropping of the old database (drop database galaxy; as superuser) was
> incomplete, - is it possible?
> Thanks for letting me know, I will try to upgrade the PostgeSQL (the current
> version is default version of CentOS 5.6).

Sorry, I missed the bit where you were starting with an empty database and not
reloading your dump of the old one.

It does seem possible that your database is not empty on startup, as the
username column should not already exist at the time that this migration script
runs.  When you drop and then create the database, Galaxy should create all the
necessary tables and run through all of the migration scripts the first time
that you start it.  Is it doing this?  If it thinks that the database is
already at revision 13, I suspect the database is not empty when it starts up.
Check your database_connection string in universe_wsgi.ini and make sure it is
pointed at the correct database.

--nate