> Another vote for the excellent modules system from us at AgResearch.  I think
> it's the only sane way to manage PATH, etc, when you have multiple versions
> of tools installed.
> http://modules.sourceforge.net/
> I know I've said this before here.  Tell all your friends. ;-)

Galaxy's dependency injection works in a similar way, without
requiring all the external dependencies. We don't need unload since we
compose a unique environment for every tool execution. This is much
cleaner that loading everything into the environment before running
Galaxy, we want tools to be executed with as clean an environment as
possible.