On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if the web interface for the Tool Shed could
> allow us to look back at old test results?
>
> This would be useful in connection with explicit revisions to
> the tool concerned, but also when something changed which
> was external to the tool (e.g. a change in Galaxy itself, or
> the system running the tests, e.g. a library version change).
>
> Right now I'm wondering what happened to this tool, which
> from memory was working, but which failed last night
> following me updating it yesterday:
>
> http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/clinod
>
> Previously this was installing correctly (and I remember
> debugging the tests themselves due to the number of
> threads available), but now I seem to have a failed
> installation:
>
> Tests that failed
> Tool id: clinod
> Tool version: clinod
> Test: test_tool_000000
> (functional.test_toolbox.TestForTool_testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/peterjc/clinod/clinod/0.0.5)
> Stderr:
> Fatal error: Exit code 1 () Error: Unable to access jarfile
> /ToolDependencies/clinod/1.3/peterjc/clinod/1d09534d6dcd/clinod-1.3.jar
> Traceback:
> Traceback (most recent call last): File
> "/var/opt/buildslaves/buildslave-ec2-1/buildbot-install-test-test-tool-shed-py27/build/test/functional/test_toolbox.py",
> line 171, in test_tool self.do_it( td, shed_tool_id=shed_tool_id )
> File
> "/var/opt/buildslaves/buildslave-ec2-1/buildbot-install-test-test-tool-shed-py27/build/test/functional/test_toolbox.py",
> line 102, in do_it self.verify_dataset_correctness( outfile,
> hid=elem_hid, maxseconds=testdef.maxseconds, attributes=attributes,
> shed_tool_id=shed_tool_id ) File
> "/var/opt/buildslaves/buildslave-ec2-1/buildbot-install-test-test-tool-shed-py27/build/test/base/twilltestcase.py",
> line 782, in verify_dataset_correctness self._assert_dataset_state(
> elem, 'ok' ) File
> "/var/opt/buildslaves/buildslave-ec2-1/buildbot-install-test-test-tool-shed-py27/build/test/base/twilltestcase.py",
> line 606, in _assert_dataset_state raise AssertionError( errmsg )
> AssertionError: Expecting dataset state 'ok', but state is 'error'.
> Dataset blurb: error

Whatever broke the clinod install seems to have been
transient - it worked last night (identical bar a commit
with a trivial update to the help text in the tool XML).

http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/clinod/b81bf955f659

However, I am still in interested in the general issue of
it sometimes being desirable to see old test results.

Regards,