--Dave B.

On 09/16/2013 09:38 AM, Peter Cock wrote:
Separately, running the tests themselves seems overly
slow - can anything be tweaked here? For example, is
there any point executing the external set_meta script
in the test environment?

The switch to the external set_meta script was done
because setting metadata internally was becoming
computationally expensive. As I understand it, switching
to internal metadata would actually lead to poorer
performance in the functional tests.

Sorry, I was unclear - although that is interesting.

What I meant was, do we even need the metadata
for validating the test results? If not, skip generating it.

Unfortunately, the metadata needs to be set in order to populate and validate input fields, and I don't believe it's currently possible to limit metadata setting to uploaded files, and not output datasets.

Regards,