Hi James,

thanks for your thoughts on abstraction of common tasks.
For most of these things we have now patches in bitbucket.

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/218/implementation-of-the-configure-make-make/diff

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/217/implementation-of-the-make_install-action/diff

> python_virtualenv

Is that not supposed to work with the 'setup_virtualenv'?

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/207/john-chiltons-august-2013-tool-shed/diff

> r_package

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/219/implementation-of-the-a-r_environment-to/diff

Cheers,