On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Ulf Schaefer <ulf.schae...@phe.gov.uk> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> We frequently find ourselves in situations where a tool needs to be run
> with a lot of input files. For example, run the GATK UnifiedGenotyper
> with easily dozens of bam files.
>
> Using the <repeat> in this case requires quite a bit of clicking. Is
> there a more conventient way fo doing this? Maybe similar to the
> multi-file-select that is possible for workflow inputs?
>
> I saw some older discussions on this or similar issues, but I am a bit
> lost what the current official stable proposed solution for this is.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Ulf

Use <param type="data" multiple="true" ... > instead of using

I asked John Chilton about this recently via Twitter, and it is
now on the wiki,
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/ToolConfigSyntax

Simple example here:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxyp/galaxyp-toolshed-iquant/src/tip/iquant.xml?at=default